Oct 26, 2011

FingerPaints Merry & Bright Holiday 2011

Ok... I have to be honest here... this collection doesn't WOW me. It's a perfectly lovely collection, don't get me wrong. But I don't feel any pizzaz. It's very... meh... been done before.

The glitters in this collection are kind of awesome. They're very fine glitter, so they give a little bit of a different look. I used two coats and also did single coats pics foryou so that you can see how they cover. The colors are reminiscent of the Color Club Glitter Vixen collection. Onto the pics!

FP Frosty Night - one coat
Frosty Night one coat.
FP Frosty Night
FP Frosty Night
FP Frosty Night
Frosty Night two coats. Overall I really like this glitter. It's a nice bright silver. These are shiny, but not sparkley. If you are looking for sparkle... look elsewhere.
FP Yule Be Merry
FP Yule Be Merry
FP Yule Be Merry
Yule Be Merry two coats. While this is not a color I would wear, it is very pretty. A coral leaning pink base with bright pink micro-shimmer. This is quite glowy in real life, in fact I don't know if you can tell, but it sort of freaked my camera out. This would be gorgeous with a tan... which I obviously do not have.
FP Santa Kisses
Santa Kisses one coat.
FP Santa Kisses - two coats
FP Santa Kisses - two coats
FP Santa Kisses - two coats
FP Santa Kisses
Santa Kisses two coats. This is the most "Christmasy" color in the collection. It is a gorgeous red glitter. Very very reflective. You can see in a few of the pictures there is a little bit of a gold reflect? That is actually the sky outside my window... it's that reflective. Reflective like metal, these just do not sparkle unfortunately.
FP Comet's Collar
FP Comet's Collar
Comet's Collar two coats. This could probably have used a third coat, you can see a bit of VNL. Probably the most original color in this collection. A yellow toned olivey green. Lighter than we saw in any of last years christmas collections. This is a bit glass flecked, and a bit micro shimmery. I can't quite tell which overpowers the other. The micro shimmer is multi-colored, looks to be a darker green, gold and rust to me.
FP Drummer Boy - one coat
Drummer Boy one coat.
FP Drummer Boy
FP Drummer Boy
FP Drummer Boy
Drummer Boy two coats. Another glitter. A gorgeous sky blue. Same coverage as the other glitters.
FP Winter Sky
FP Winter Sky
FP Winter Sky
FP Winter Sky
Winter Sky one coat. Yeah you read that right. One coat. This one was a little goopy to be honest. It needed thinner right off the bat. Although I did not thin it very much. One coat was perfect and wore nicely with no bubbling. I really dig this color. I'm surprised to find it in a holiday collection though. This doesn't really scream winter/christmas to me. The shimmer was very hard for my camera to capture for some reason, but it is very subtle.

Overall I liked these. I don't think they were super original, many are colors I've seen before or close to. I do like how fine the glitters are, but I also have those colors of glitter already. I'm honestly a little bit disappointed in FingerPaints. The last two years had totally bang-up collections so I feel like this year is a bit lackluster compared to those. I mean... can you beat Icy Iris and Mistletoe Mischief? I thought not.

What are your thoughts?

No comments: