May 28, 2011

Jason Wu's 2011 CND Collection

So overall, I quite like CND. I'm not a brand snob as I'm sure you've figured out, but I tend to get better wear out of the high end stuff. I have to say this collection is full of win for me. No application problems, all had pretty good staying power, granted I made it three days with each before not being able to stand it anymore, but those three days say a lot for me. My nails are lucky to make it a full day let alone three. The topcoat Anna is a bit odd, not sure if I love it or hate it. All swatches are two coats, no topcoat, natural light.

CND Jason Wu 5-2011
I have to admit I'm a sucker for good packaging. This is not exception. I'll probably keep these in this box for as long as possible. I love having things in their original package.

CND Miss Wu
CND Miss Wu
CND Miss Wu
Miss Wu. This is bar none my favorite of this collection. Perfect light grey creme with secret silver micro shimmer. This dries matte, so it will need topcoat. Two coats to perfection.

CND Brigitte
CND Brigitte
CND Brigitte
Brigitte. Pinky taupe. Lovely neutral color with a slight edge. Makes me think of OPI Kreme de la Kremelin but slightly more pink. Great application.

CND Sophia
CND Sophia
Sophia. Mushroomy taupe. Fairly standard color nowadays, everyone has one. I like it, but I'm a sucker for taupes.

CND Veronica
CND Veronica
Veronica. Gorgeous ruby red jelly. This is two coats. I would probably wear it with three.

SH CSM Plum Luck w/ CND Anna
SH CSM Plum Luck w/ CND Anna
Anna over Sally Hansen Plum Luck. You can see which fingers have the topcoat. I am not sure how to feel about this. It is supposed to be TWEED texture. I can see that, but it makes me think more of a super fuzzy cashmere sweater. I like this in a weird way, but it almost drove me crazy to wear it, because it does feel textured.

Overall I love this collection and I say if you can find them, go for it! These could all be considered work appropriate so why not?

No comments: