Apr 29, 2010

Tuna Noodle Casserole

After a busy day, I wanted to make something delicious and comforting. This is my Mom's recipe. I remember eating this as a kid, and completely loving it. When she makes this she has to make two casseroles because everyone in my family loves it that much.

1 - 2 7 oz cans of tuna ( I use two because I LOVE tuna, one can works just as well though)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 6 or 8 oz pkg egg noodles
1 soup can worth of milk ( use empty soup can for measurement)
1 small pkg potato chips ( optional, I usually omit this)
1/2 c or more grated cheese ( I use cheddar and colby )

Cook noodles according to pkg directions. Mix milk with soup and warm. Stir to keep film off and prevent scorching if doing on stove top. Place 1/2 of the cooked noodles in casserole. Sprinkle over 1/2 of the tuna, spoon in 1/2 of the soup, sprinkle with 1/2 cheese and chips. Repeat. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 min. until the top layer of cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy! IMHO this is one of those comfort foods I wouldn't be able to do without, It's truly amazing and simple.

Photobucket

No comments: