Jul 14, 2011

OPI Miss Universe Collection

Wow! This collection is a stunner! No real application problems, all vibrant rich colors. I am a fan. For serious. I am definitely a creme girl at heart, but these shimmery polishes have won me over!

Onto the swatches!

Congeniality is My Middle NameAnd berry-wine shimmer is what I do best!
 OPI Congeniality is My Middle Name
OPI Congeniality is My Middle Name
This was sooo difficult for me to capture. It is definitely a berry shimmer, but the shimmer is bordering on being  a hidden shimmer. In some lights it is a bit more burgundy. I used two coats and in my opinion, it could have used another. In the second picture you can see the shimmer in the bottle, but not as much on my nails. A gorgeous color, might not be one I reach for often, but I did enjoy it when I wore it.

It’s MY YearIt’s about time for this champagne-rose to shine!
OPI It's MY Year
Oh this is a beauty. It is similar in finish to the Serena Williams OPI color Rally Pretty Pink. I actually loved this more than I thought I would. It is a gorgeous purple with strong gold sparkle. This is two coats and it covered well.
It's MY Year vs. Rally Pretty Pink
OPI Rally Pretty Pretty Pink vs OPI It's My Year (middle)
OPI Rally Pretty Pink vs OPI It's My Year (T, M, P)
OPI Rally Pretty Pink vs OPI It's My Year
Rally Pretty Pink on Index and Ring.

Crown Me Already!
A sassy silver sparkle that knows what it’s worth.
OPI Crown Me Already! 1 coat
One coat
OPI Crown Me Already!
OPI Crown Me Already!
Oh this is beautiful! The glitter! In the first picture I used just one coat, in the other pictures two. I could live with wearing it that way, but would probably use one more. This has larger silver hex glitter in a standard silver glitter base. It is very reflective and I love it!

Swimsuit…Nailed It!
An itsy bitsy teenie weenie vibrant shiny-blue bikini.
OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It!
OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It!
OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It!
Hands down my favorite of the collection. Bet you didn't see that coming did ya? This is a lovely saturated blue with an almost foil like finish. These pictures are once again two coats, and I think I could have gotten away with one, had I been a bit more careful with my application.

What do you think of this collection? I love Swimsuit... Nailed it! It makes a GORGEOUS pedi color as well. :D

No comments: