Jun 9, 2011

The best homemade chocolate brownies ever

I found myself in the need for a chocolate fix today. I debated between brownies and cupcakes.... and ended up with brownies. Make these... you will never use a mix again. They are between fudgy brownies and cake brownies. I adore them.

1 cup butter
2 cup white sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 9x13 pan.
Melted Butter
In a large saucepan, melt  butter.
Butter, sugar, vanilla
Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, and vanilla.
Butter, Sugar, Vanilla, Eggs
Stir in eggs.
Adding in the dry ingredients
Mmmm.... brownie batter....
Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.
Brownie Batter
Brownie Batter
Spread batter into prepared pan.
Brownies
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick, should come out mostly clean, remember these are gooey brownies.

Sometimes I ice these, sometimes I do not. Today I used Mint Buttercream with Andes mint chunks. Oh sooooo good.

Brownies with mint buttercream
Brownies with mint buttercream
Brownie with mint buttercream

No comments: